Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First post

So i sat here thinking of the many different directions I could make this blog go and how I don't want to come across a certain way or whatever. But then I realized I have just got 2 babies asleep, have to finish homeschool, need to make turkey enchilada casserole for dinner, make sure the house is presentable before the youth come over for the first junior high youth night, so in short I cannot ponder all the directions to go, maybe I will just start by saying what my intentions are.

Well that should be easy enough. I hope and pray that I can effectivley communicate what it is the Lord has put on my heart. I have over the years written down things He has spoken to me and really I just have them sitting around, folded nicely for nobody to see. But as I start to see some of these things unfolding; coming to pass, I am reminded of a verse He clearly spoke to me several years ago: Habakuk 2:1-4 "I will stand on my guard post And station myself on the rampart; And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me, And how I may reply when I am reproved. Then the LORD answered me and said, "Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run. "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.

At times I didn't know why I needed to write the things down but now as I go back through them I see He was giving me that so that I may see that He is speaking to me and that I am able to share these things. So I pray that these things will either encourage you; maybe God has been speaking the same thing and it is confiramtion. Or maybe this will stir your heart to seek out what does the Bible say about this.

2 comments:

CosmoChica said...

Janette - I love your purpose here and I look forward to reading about the journey God is taking you on in the search for HIS truth! I feel I've been on a similar journey so I'm excited to see how our paths cross and run in parallel.
You are one amazing lady! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!

CosmoChica said...

Oops - I think I'm logged in under my cousin's Google ID...it's Steph Culbreth. =)